GPSWebShop understands and respects your concerns about the use of your Personal Information. We believe that you should know what information about you we collect, as well as how that information is used, maintained, and, in some cases, shared. The following sets forth our privacy practices and policies.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Actively Collected Information
Passively Collected Information
Additionally, we gather information passively as a result of your use of the Services including location-based data, usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags as set forth in more detail below.
Location Based Information
To provide our location based services, we and our partners often share precise location data including the real time geographic location of your equipment’s tracking device. We may utilize GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address along with satellite, wifi and cellular locations to determine your equipment’s approximate location. We obtain both approximate location data (network based) and precise location (GPS and network based).
We may collect usage data whenever you interact with any of our Sites including the web pages you visit, what you click on, your location, and when you perform certain actions. Additionally, the various Sites keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed, operating system versions, and timestamps. (Note that we do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our Sites or use our Services.)
We collect data from the device and application you use such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type.
If you arrive at our Sites via an external source (such as a link in another site or in an email) we record information about the source that referred you to us.
Information from Page Tags
We may, from time to time, use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our Sites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
- To deliver a welcome email/letter, update notices, and other similar types of communications;
- To provide the Services to the account owner (generally your employer) and you and to improve the quality of the Sites and Services;
- To provide information to the account owner and you so that you may use the Site and Services more effectively;
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to services and software;
- To bill the account;
- To respond to legal requests, where authorized by the account owner or otherwise required by law;
- To communicate with the account owner and you for the purpose of informing you of changes or additions to the Services, or of the availability of any service we provide;
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different service options;
- To carry out our marketing activities;
- To enhance security of the data submitted or the integrity of the Site;
- To provide personalized content;
- To audit and/or improve our Services;
- To respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to requests for customer service; To read, modify or delete the contents of your device memory or memory cards
- To prevent potentially illegal activities;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, the account owner, our users and the public; and as required or authorized by law;
- We may occasionally communicate with the account owner and you regarding our products, services, news and events. You have the option to not receive this information. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your account, planned Services suspensions and outages. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
CONSENT TO MOBILE APPLICATIONS TO READ PHONE STATUS AND IDENTITY
By logging onto our mobile applications, you are allowing us access to your phone’s state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any phone accounts registered on the device. We use this information in order to tie a device’s access to your account to a specific API key, to prevent you from having to reauthenticate. Your API key has a separate secret which must be presented to validate you as a user. This API key also allows us to disable specific devices on your account without disabling the entire account (for use when a user loses his mobile, for example.) We track the device type, OS version, UUID (specific to the device), client’s API version, and first/last access time. We do not share this information with any other parties except potentially with service partners from time to time. We do not track phone calls, whether the phone is currently on a call, other applications running, or any similar information.
CONSENT TO YOUR EMPLOYER’S ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
You acknowledge that the account under which you access the Service may be a corporate account of your employer and that, if so, your employer and their administrators shall have full access to all your information collected hereunder. By logging onto any Site, you are giving consent to this sharing of your information with your employer and to such persons as they may grant access or direct.
CONSENT TO DATA PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA
By logging onto any Site, you affirmatively acknowledge and consent to the processing of the collected data on our servers based in the United States and Canada. You consent to the transfer of your data to the United States and Canada. Your consent is voluntary and you may revoke your consent by logging off at any time.
AGE OF CONSENT
We do not knowingly provide the Services to, and will not knowingly collect the personal information from, anyone under the age of 18t.
RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to access and edit your information at any time through the web interface provided as part of the Services.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying customers, landing pages or end-users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
COOKIES AND LOG FILES
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP OR BUSINESS TRANSITION
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, sale of our assets, or bankruptcy or similar status, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We will use industry standard technical and organizational security measures in connection with the storage, processing, and transfer of your information that are designed to protect the integrity of the information and to guard against unauthorized or unlawful access to, use of, or processing of such information.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. If you forget your password, we will send a reset link to the email address of record.
Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Services. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Services. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Services. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Services, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Services. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others.
- You must provide accurate information when you create your account;
- You must safeguard your password and all activities that occur under your access codes;
- You must never use another’s account inappropriately and without permission;
- You may not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the Services or attempt or assist anyone else to do so;
- You must follow the policies of your employer and under whose account you are entitled to utilize the Services and you must abide by the contractual agreement between your employer and Geoforce;
- You must be age 18 or over.
If you would like to access, amend, delete, update or correct any information that you have provided to GPSWebShop through your use of the GPSWebShop services or our websites, or you have suggestions for improving this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: June 6, 2021